Teach children about dental hygiene
• Brush with a fluoride toothpaste in a flavour that the child likes.
• Find a position that is comfortable for your child while brushing.
• Keep your child entertained by singing a song, playing a counting game or using a fun timer while the child is flossing and brushing.
• Choose a toothbrush with soft bristles designed for young children. Look for one with a thick handle to make it easier for your child to grip.
• Explain how to brush teeth in a series of small steps, or place your hand over your child's hand and show the child how to brush.